Prepare the steak
- About an hour before serving, remove the steak from the refrigerator
- Pat the steak completely dry with a paper towel
- Allow the steak to rest at room temperature on a plate
Prepare the SearNSizzle™
- Make sure the SearNSizzle™ is clean and free of oils from your previous cook
- Set your SearNSizzle™ inside the cooker to the medium or high position
- If you choose the high position, make sure there will be at least an inch of clearance between the steak and the heating element when the steak is sitting on the SearNSizzle™
Preheat your SearNSizzle™
- Preheat the SearNSizzle™ at the highest temperature setting for 15 minutes
- Broil, Bake, AirFry and Air Crisp settings all produce similar results
- Pat steak dry a second time
- Season liberally with salt and pepper or your favorite rub or seasoning
Grill your steak on the SearNSizzle™
The most accurate way to measure the doneness of a steak is with a quality meat thermometer. Choose your desired temperature from our steak doneness chart. Because the indoor cooker is very powerful and the SearNSizzle™ amplifies temperatures, we will cook the steak to a temperature lower than our desired doneness and allow the meat to rest for about five to ten minutes depending on the thickness of the steak. The steak will continue to cook and the temperature will carry over to your desired doneness.
If for some reason you do not have an accurate thermometer we have found that cooking the steak for three to four minutes per side is a good rule of thumb.